Let's Talk New Mexico 5/17 8a: Call now 277-5866. People in the U.S. owe more money on student loans than they do on credit cards. And that student loan debt can follow you around for decades. How are you or your kids deciding whether to borrow money for college? Are you a recent graduate with student loan debt? What does that mean for you right now? Have you been making payments on a student loan? How's that going? We'd like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet #LetsTalkNM or call in live during the show.
- Ann Lyn Hall, executive director, Student Support Services at CNM
- Brian Malone, director, UNM Student Financial Aid Office
- Lorraine Ell, CEO, Better Money Decisions
- Javier Martinez, executive director, Partnership for Community Action
- PEW Research Center: 5 facts about student loans
- Reuters: Student loan borrowers, herded into default, face a relentless collector: The U.S.
- Brookings Institute: The looming student loan default crisis is worse than we thought
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness program