Let's Talk Helping Migrants Seeking Asylum In The U.S.
Let's Talk New Mexico 5/9 8a: Communities across New Mexico are stepping up to help migrants seeking asylum in the U.S. What kinds of assistance and services do these folks need the most? And how can you get involved if you want to help out? This week we're talking to the folks who are organizing volunteers and providing food, shelter, clothing and medical care to asylum seekers who are being released by the federal government here. We'd like to hear from you. Email LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet with the hashtag #LetsTalkNM or call in live during the show.
- Felipe Rodriguez, New Mexico Dream Team
- Jim Gannon, Catholic Charities
- Tim Keller, Albuquerque mayor
- Alan Webber, Santa Fe mayor
How to help:
- Santa Fe Community Foundation Fund for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Catholic Charities Companions on the Journey Project
- City of Albuquerque Asylum Seeker Assistance Project
- Lutheran Family Services Albuquerque Refugee and Asylee program
- Indivisible Nob Hill
- Albuquerque Interfaith
- Items needed for donation