Let's Talk Cannabis Legalization
Let’s Talk New Mexico, Thursday, 2/11, 8a: New Mexico has had a successful medical cannabis program for years, but full legalization for recreational use has proven elusive, even as neighboring states move ahead. This year, however, with the support of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, the state could finally see lawmakers pass a recreational cannabis bill. If the bill passes, what will this mean for New Mexico’s economy? What are the different versions of legalization under consideration in the legislature? And how will legalization impact patients already enrolled in the state’s medical cannabis program?
On this week’s Let’s Talk New Mexico we’ll dive into the potential for legal cannabis in the state and we want to hear from you! Are you excited about the prospect of moving beyond medical cannabis to full legalization? What are your concerns about how this will play out? What do you want lawmakers to consider as they debate these bills? Email us at LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet to us at #LetsTalkNM, or call in live during the show at 505-277-5866.
- Shannon Jaramillo, founder, SeedCrest LLC
- Ben Lewinger, executive director, New Mexico Cannabis Chamber of Commerce
- Andy Lyman, reporter, New Mexico Political Report
- Rep. Javier Martinez, D-Bernalillo
- Sen. Cliff Pirtle, R-Chaves, Eddy & Otero
- NM Lawmakers Face With A Number Of Proposals to Legalize Cannabis - New Mexico Political Report
- First Legalization Bills Filed at Roundhouse - Albuquerque Journal
- Growing Forward - podcast about cannabis in New Mexico from New Mexico PBS and New Mexico Political Report
- Northern New Mexico College Announces Cannabis Program - Santa Fe New Mexican
- New Mexico Democrat, Republican Each Have Bills For Legal Cannabis - Santa Fe New Mexican
- Beware The Health Costs Of Legalizing Cannabis - Financial Times