Albuquerque’s city election is around the corner on October 3, and some residents are already voting at early voting locations.
While some see voting as an opportunity to avoid long lines, David Donaldson voted for another reason.
“I’m anticipating a very, very nasty campaign up in front,” Donaldson said. “I feel if I do the early voting, I can tell people look I’ve handled my civic responsibility.”
Donaldson voted early at the city clerk’s office downtown. It’s one of twelve locations open for early voting. He said he’s confident in the mayoral candidate he voted for and wants other residents to take this election seriously.
All early voting locations are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The last day to vote early in Albuquerque is this Friday, Sept. 29.
Early Voting Locations:
- 98th and Central - (Bernalillo County Rental), 120 98th NW Suite A5
- Alamosa Community Center - 6900 Gonzales SW
- Caracol Plaza - 12500 Montgomery NE
- Cesar Chavez Community Center - 7505 Kathryn SE
- City of Albuquerque Records Center - 604 Menaul NW
- Daskalos Plaza - 5339 Menaul NE
- Don Newton/Taylor Ranch Community Center - 4900 Kachina NW
- Los Altos Plaza - 4200 Wyoming NE
- Manzano Mesa Multigenerational Center - 501 Elizabeth SE
- North Domingo Baca Multigenerational Center - 7521 Carmel NE
- Office of the City Clerk - 600 2nd NE
- Petroglyph Plaza - 8201 Golf Course NW Suite D1