Let’s Talk New Mexico 1/31 8a: Politicians are promising to boost the economy in New Mexico and slow our warming climate with renewable energy and green jobs. It’s being called a Green New Deal. People in New Mexico have heard talk of this before. So what's worked? What hasn't? How about our new governor, and our congressional leaders—many of whom campaigned on green jobs? What green economy promises do you want to make sure don’t die on the vine?
Do you work in a green-collar industry? Or do you own a New Mexico business based in renewable energy? What’s going well in the state? What needs to change? What do you want to see lawmakers in Santa Fe make happen during this legislative session? Or do you think over-emphasizing renewables threatens existing energy jobs? We want to hear from you.
- Christopher Fortson, marketing manager, Positive Energy Solar
- Rich Schrader, director, River Source
- Juan Reynosa, deputy director, SouthWest Organizing Project
- Andy Swapp, director of Wind Energy Technology, Mesalands Community College
- Mariel Nanasi, executive director, New Energy Economy