KUNM Call In Show Thu. 12/3 8a: Politicians have been arguing over the idea of resettling Syrian refugees here in the United States—and in New Mexico—in the wake of the Paris attacks. We'll ask whether taking in these refugees represents an unacceptable risk—or whether it's our moral obligation to help those fleeing war. We'd like to hear from you! Email email@example.com, post your comments on our Facebook page, or call in live during the show.
- Santa Fe Mayor Javier Gonzales
- Wendy Hansen, Political Science professor at UNM
- Jessica Goodkind of the Refugee Wellbeing Project
- Donna McNiel, executive director of the New Mexico Conference of Churches
- KOB-TV: "Gov. Martinez opposes U.S. Syrian Refugee program without ‘very clear’ federal plan"
- Santa Fe New Mexican: Mayor urges governor to welcome Syrian refugees to New Mexico
- ABQJournal: Syrian refugee battle looms large in Congress
- CNN: “More than half the nation’s governors say Syrian refugees not welcome”
- Foreign Policy: "The Process for Interviewing, Vetting, and Resettling Syrian Refugees in America Is Incredibly Long and Thorough”