KUNM Call In Show 2/12 8a:
Oil and gas development may be moving closer to Chaco Canyon National Historical Park and the many tribal communities in northwestern New Mexico. Residents there, along with archaeologists and advocates, are questioning the burgeoning development.
What effect might encroachment have upon these communities? What about nearby ancient sites? How can we strike a balance between modern day energy needs, healthy communities and the preservation of ancient sites?
We want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, post your comments online or call in live during the show.
- Victoria Barr, Farmington District Manager, Bureau of Land Management
- Lori Goodman, Diné CARE
- Eric Schlenker-Goodrich, Executive Director, Western Environmental Law Center
- BLM’s overview, including maps, for Pinon Pipeline
- BLM’s Farmington Resourcement Plan Amendment
- BLM’s Reasonable Foreseeable Development for NW New Mexico
Funding for KUNM’s new series Drilling Deep - exploring the impacts of the oil and gas industry in northwestern New Mexico – comes from the New Venture Fund.