Let's Talk New Mexico 2/28 8a: Public charter schools play an important and often controversial role in our education system. On the show, we'll ask how charter schools can be great at meeting students’ unique needs, even while the charter school system can exacerbate inequalities between public schools. Do you or someone you know work at or go to a charter school? How did that go? We’d like to hear from you. Email LetsTalk@kunm.org, tweet your comment with the hashtag #LetsTalkNM, or call in live during the show.
- Jaqi Baldwin, principal of Siembra Leadership High School in Albuquerque
- Arrow Wilkinson, principal of Walatowa Charter High School in Jemez Pueblo
- Patricia Gipson, Chair of the Public Education Commission from Las Cruces
- Danielle Johnston, former Public Education Commissioner from District 8
- Rep. Christine Trujillo (D-Albuquerque)
Selected charter school-related bills, 2019 NM Legislature: