Do Teacher Evals Make The Grade (Now)?
KUNM Call In Show 6/11 8a: How are the evaluations serving New Mexico's students and teachers? We talked to teachers nearly a year ago about this. A lot has happened since then. We're checking in to see what's changed and whether new teacher evals are working to improve New Mexico's education system.
We want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, post your comments online or call in live during the show.
- Lucille Fresquez, retiring kindergarten teacher, El Dorado Community School, Santa Fe
- Jeff Tuttle, teacher, grades 3, 4, and 5, Monte Vista Elementary, Albuquerque
- Alexis Black, biology teacher, Mayfield High School, Las Cruces
- "APS Teachers Burn Their Evaluations In Protest," Albuquerque Journal
- "Santa Fe Teachers Send State Evals Up In Flames At Protest," Santa Fe New Mexican
- "Retiring Teacher Reveals Evaluation For All To See," Albuquerque Journal
- "Statisticians Slam Popular Teacher Evaluation Method," The Washington Post Blog
- "The Heroic Teachers Of Albuquerque Who Burned Their Evaluations In A Trash Can," Diane Ravitch's education blog
New Mexico Public Education Department:
Submitted by an Albuquerque teacher: