KUNM News Is Hiring Reporter/News Anchors!
We are hiring for multiple on-call Reporter/News Anchor positions. Applicants must submit their application materials via the UNMJobs website. Applications to other third party job sites will not be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anchor KUNM's broadcast of NPR news magazine shows Monday - Friday
- Morning Edition hours 4:45a - 8:45a
- All Things Considered hours 3:00p - 7:00p
- Produce local newscast segments using KUNM original content, Associated Press wire content, and content from other news outlets
- Produce program breaks including forward promotes, weather segments and station identification elements
- Fund raise for KUNM during our on-air fundraisers
- Produce online news content for KUNM.org
- File KUNM newscasts with the NPROne
- Engage with KUNM's audience using online content and social media
- Engineer and anchor live special coverage and live breaking news coverage when assigned
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience hosting NPR magazine programs
- Experience in local journalism
- Experience in broadcast public media
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with New Mexico places and names
Benefits: The on call Reporter position is not eligible for benefits.