Let's Talk Food Assistance And Work Requirements
Let's Talk New Mexico 1/30 8a: State officials say 37,000 people will lose their eligibility for federal food assistance after the Trump administration starts enforcing new work requirements in April. This week, we'll discuss the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and how the new rules will change life for New Mexicans who depend on it.
We want to hear from you. Have you applied for SNAP? How did that process go for you? How would losing food assistance, or being required to work more hours, impact you and your family? Email Letstalk@KUNM.org, tweet us at #LetsTalkNM, or call in live during the show.
- Gavino Archuleta, Program Manager for SNAP in New Mexico
- Jill Beets, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Adelante Development Center and The Storehouse
- Sherry Hooper, Executive Director of the Food Depot
- Sovereign Hager, Legal Director of the New Mexico Center on Law and Poverty
- Sofia Martinez, Los Jardines Institute