Let's Talk New Mexico 4/16, 8a: School staff around the state are racing to get meals, services and instruction to students stuck at home, but not all children have the tools or support they need to continue their learning. On this week’s call-in show, we’ll hear from educators about how they’re working to keep students engaged amid the public health crisis. How is the pandemic exacerbating long-standing inequities in New Mexico’s school system? How are districts working to overcome gaps in infrastructure like broadband access? What creative solutions are possible? Write us at email@example.com or join the conversation by calling (505) 277-5866 during the show Thursday morning.
- State Representative Derrick Lente (D-Sandia Pueblo)
- Robert Lozano, Ph.D., Associate Superintendent of Equity, Innovation, and Social Justice for Las Cruces Public Schools
- Charles Goodmacher, government affairs staff for Transform Education New Mexico coalition
- Lina Ramos, theater and music teacher at Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School
- Verland Coker, education advocate and former APS school board candidate
Support for KUNM’s public health coverage comes from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and from listeners like you.