Dollars And Sense: Money And The 2014 Elections
KUNM Call In Show 10/9 8a: Call 277-5866 or toll-free 1-877-899-5866. With the proliferation of political action committees (PACs) and super-PACs, candidates for office have access to increasing amounts of campaign funding. Where is the election financing coming from in New Mexico, and who is receiving it? Does having the most money guarantee victory for a candidate? Join us, as we take a look at current candidate funding and explore how the burgeoning legacy of Citizens United v. Federal Elections Commission impacts elections in New Mexico.
We'd like to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, post your comments online or call in live during the show.
- Denise Roth Barber, Managing Director, National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Sandra Fish, Data Journalist, New Mexico In Depth
- Viki Harrison, Executive Director, Common Cause New Mexico
- Common Cause NM Poll on Money In Politics
- Common Cause NM PAC Spending Analysis
- New Mexico In Depth Campaign Spending Analyses
- Sample Ballots, New Mexico Secretary of State's Office
- Albuquerque Journal Voter Guide
- League of Women Voters of Central New Mexico Voter Guide