LISTEN: How To Coexist With Wild Predators
KUNM Call In Show 8/18 8a:
In New Mexico there has always been tension between humans and the wild animals who share our state, so how should we manage that tension? If a bear mauls a marathon runner, should it be shot? How should we deal with coyotes who prey on our pets, wolves that snatch calves or cougars that come just a little too close to the kids?
We'll talk with ranchers, scientists and folks who are working to protect wild animals and their habitats. Have you had a scary interaction with a predator while out hiking, working in your yard or tending to your animals? How did you handle it? We'd like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in live during the show.
• Woman attacked by bear while running in Valles Caldera -- Albuquerque Journal
• Woman who survived mailing wants to take on NM regulation that required bear be killed -- The Santa Fe New Mexican
• Black bear population rebounding -- Ruidoso News
• Critics: Game Commission puts predators in 'bull's-eye' -- The Santa Fe New Mexican
• Feds: Wolf recovery program was mismanaged -- The Santa Fe New Mexican