What Does Good Government Look Like To You?
KUNM Call In Show 3/23 8a: Call now toll-free 1-877-899-5866. This year's 60-day legislative session wrapped up last weekend, but lawmakers may soon be called back by Governor Susana Martinez to continue debate on the state budget. We'll look at the latest news from the Roundhouse and we ask you to share what you think would make state government more accessible and accountable to everyday New Mexicans.
- Do you trust that state government is responding to the needs of everyday New Mexicans?
- What do you think would make government officials more accountable to the people they serve?
- What would help you better engage with elected officials?
We are also hosting an in-person event on Tuesday, April 4. The event is free but you must RSVP here.
- Andrew Oxford, reporter with the Santa Fe New Mexican
- Russell Contreras, reporter with the Associated Press
- Viki Harrison, executive director of Common Cause NM
- Douglas Carver, executive director of NM Ethics Watch
The People, Power and Democracy project examines ethics, transparency and accountability in state government. The project is funded by the Thornburg Foundation and by contributions from KUNM listeners.