Let’s Talk Even More Free Stuff!
Let's Talk New Mexico 8/20 8a: Did you know that your kids can get free crafting kits from the Española Public Library? Or that you can take virtual tours of many of the state's museums? Or that several organizations around New Mexico provide free PPE to those in need? On the next Let's Talk New Mexico, it’s the return of our annual free stuff show (2020 COVID edition), and we’re talking about what’s available for no cost during the pandemic.
And we want to hear from you! What resources have you made use of during the pandemic? How do you keep your family entertained while keeping your wallet closed? Or what do you wish were out there that isn't? Share your tips by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call in live during the show!
And check back in on this post after the show this week for a full list of the resources and services we'll unearth together. The previous episodes below have tons of links, too.
- Diana Delgado, City of Albuquerque, Cultural Services
- Sherry Aragon, Head Librarian, Española Public Library
- Elizabeth Cull, Director of Student Nutrition, Santa Fe Public Schools
- Monica Demarco, Southwest Organizing Project
- Miriam Gwilt, ABQ Mutual Aid
- Roadrunner Food Bank Food Assistance Help Line:505-349-5340 or 575-523-4390
- John Brown Breakfast Club-Free breakfasts for unsheltered folks
- Santa Fe Food Depot
- Albuquerque Healthcare for the Homeless
- Santa Fe Public Schools Meal Distribution Locations
- Albuquerque Public Schools Grab and Go Meal Pickup Sites
- Albuquerque Public Schools Clothing Bank
- Santa Fe Mutual Aid- Assistance with various necessities
- ABQ Mutual Aid
- SWOP Mask Project- Free masks to those who need them
- New Mexico Legal Aid-Free legal help
- New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs- Virtual visits to museums, tools for educators and families
- City of Albuquerque Cultural Services- Online museum resources, virtual events and educational curricula
- Albuquerque Museum Teen Corner
- College and Career Plaza- Provides mentoring and guidance for Santa Fe Public School students
- Gov TV- Creators, concerts and more
- Albuquerque self-guided tours
- Albuquerque Public Library Digital Resources- Audio books, eBooks and digital magazines
- Friends of Mountain Road- Gallery of woodcuts and self-guided tour of Mountain Road in Albuquerque
- Española Public Library- Grab and go craft kits and book bundles
- Santa Fe Public Library YouTube channel- Features stories, virtual events and more