KUNM Call In Show 9/22 8a: When people get sick but don’t have insurance or Medicaid, how do they get help? New Mexico's indigent care programs provide medical care for people who can’t afford it. We'll look at whether these programs are meeting the needs of low-income patients in New Mexico. Are you uninsured? How do you get hospital care? How can hospitals and clinics pay for services for low-income patients?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in live during the show.
- Dr. Bill Wiese, former doctor at UNM Hospital and a member of the Bernalillo County Healthcare Taskforce
- Dr. Bill Wagner, director of Centro Savila clinic in Albuquerque.
- Claudia Benevides, community health worker with PB&J Family Services.
- Kyra Ochoa, manager of the Santa Fe County Healthcare Assistance Program.
- Billy Sparks, spokesman for UNM Hospital.