Let's Talk Fixing Education In New Mexico
Let’s Talk New Mexico 1/24 8a: Fixing inequalities in New Mexico’s public school system is a top priority for lawmakers this year. This Thursday morning we’ll explore how to do this huge, complicated task and balance the needs of so many diverse students. Are you an educator, an administrator, a student, a parent? Do you have your own ideas on how to create equity in public schools? We'd like to hear from you! Email LetsTalk@KUNM.org or call in live during the show.
- Victoria Tafoya, member of Transform Education NM and director of the NM Association for Bilingual Education
- Diane Torres-Velasquez, member of New Mexico Education Coalition and president of the Latino Education Task Force
- Wilhelmina Yazzie, mother in Gallup and plaintiff in the education lawsuit
- Senator Mimi Stewart (D-Albuquerque)
- Senator John Arthur Smith (D-Deming)