Let’s Talk Youth & COVID: Summer Break Shutdown
Let’s Talk New Mexico 7/9, 8a: Summer break looks different for youth across New Mexico this year. On this week's Let’s Talk New Mexico, we’ll talk about the challenges and opportunities for parents working to keep their kids healthy, occupied and engaged this summer despite the pandemic – from in-person COVID-safe programs, to getting outside and continuing to learn.
We want to hear from you! Are you a young person? How has your summer been going? Are you a parent figuring out how to keep your child cared for and safe this summer? What went into your decisions and how has it been working out? Email us at LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet using #LetsTalkNM, or call in live during the show at (505) 277-5866.
· Rashad Mahmood, parent
· Ziarra Kirksey, Albuquerque Community Center supervisor
· Katie Stone, producer and host of The Children’s Hour radio show and podcast
· Axie Navas, director of the New Mexico Outdoor Recreation Division
· Joanne Vazquez, LCSW specializing in adolescents and families
- The New Mexico Crisis and Access Line, 1-855-NM-CRISIS (1-855-662-7474)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or text 741741.
- The Trevor Project Suicide Hotline for LGBTQ Youth: 1-866-488-7386 or text TREVOR to 202-304-1200
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233