Let’s Talk New Mexico 10/11 8am: A record number of women are running for elected office across the country this year and we’ll look at how the national conversation about sexual assault and misconduct is playing into this year’s politics.
Is 2018 going to be the next "Year of the Woman"? Are you satisfied with what you are hearing from women candidates this year? Do you know women who’ve decided to get political now because of sexual violence and discrimination? We’d like to hear from you. Email LetsTalk@kunm.org, tweet #LetsTalkNM, or call in live during the show.
What we’re reading:
- Las Cruces Sun News: Who were the biggest primary-election winners? Women
- Center for American Women in Politics: By the Numbers: Women Congressional Candidates in 2018
- Washington Post: Women just broke a record: The most female nominees for governor in a single year
- Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation: Data Note: How Women Voters Could Influence the 2018 Elections and Beyond
- NBC News: In #MeToo era, women are campaigning with personal stories of sexual abuse and harassment
- Washington Post: This survey shows why there’s never been a better time for women to run for office
- The Nation: The #MeToo Moment Is Lifting Up Record Numbers of Women Candidates