Let's Talk, New Mexico: What Do You Expect From These Politicians?
Let's Talk New Mexico 10/29, 8a: As winter approaches and COVID-19 continues to spread at an alarming rate, politicians will be making decisions that can mean life or death for their constituents. On this week's call-in show, we want to hear how things are going for you, and what you expect from the people you’re supporting at the ballot box. What lessons should our elected leaders learn from other countries that have avoided high death tolls? What do you hope to see from a next round of coronavirus aid money?
What needs to change at the local, state or federal level? What promises do you want politicians to make good on? Reach out at email@example.com, tag us on twitter with the hashtag #LetsTalkNM, or call in live during the show.
- Mayor Tim Keller, City of Albuquerque
- Khadijah Asili Bottom, Vizionz Sankofa
- Nora Meyers Sackett, Press Secretary for Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham
- Dr. Gary Prevost, Author, Cuban–Latin American Relations in the Context of a Changing Hemisphere
- Professor John Oetzel, University of Waikato, New Zealand
Resources and Links:
- COVID-19 Housing Cost Assistance Program
- Coronavirus New Mexico Business Resources
- ABQ Mutual Aid
- ABQ Faithworks Collaborative
- God's Warehouse
- Albuquerque's Westside Emergency Housing Shelter
- Albuquerque Emergency Clothing Assistance
- GoNM.biz- Small business assistance
- Counterpoint: Cuba belongs on the human rights council, editorial by Gary Prevost