Let’s Talk New Mexico 7/16, 8a: Journalism is changing. All reporters are both living in the pandemic and reporting on it. Local student journalists are calling on newsrooms to acknowledge the racism hidden in how objectivity plays out in newsrooms. On this week's Let's Talk New Mexico, we’re discussing decision-making in news and reckoning with a history of racism in media.
And we want to hear from you! How do you decide whether you can trust a New Mexican news source? What might make you lose that trust? Join the conversation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling in on the day of the show.
- Lissa Knudsen, news editor, Daily Lobo
- Joy Mayer, director, Trusting News
- Marisa Demarco, reporter, KUNM
- Hannah Colton, news director, KUNM
- Journalism's Problematic Love Affair with Objectivity
- Inside the Revolts Erupting in America’s Big Newsrooms
- 'Don't Try to Humanize Fascism:' A View on Media Coverage of Militiamen