Ending Campus Sexual Assault
KUNM Call In Show Thu. 4/27 8a. For years, the University of New Mexico’s been heavily criticized about how it handles sexual assault, and it’s Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This Thursday morning at 8, we’ll be talking about how UNM can do a better job of helping students who’ve been assaulted—and stopping this kind of violence on campus.
Students, we want to hear from you. What needs to change? How can trust be rebuilt between students and the university?
Let the Office of Equal Opportunity at UNM, which handles the university's investigations, know what you think with this online feedback form.
- Heather Cowan, Title IX coordinator, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Kayla Herring, Student Alliance for Reproductive Justice
- Anna Allegretti, Student Alliance for Reproductive Justice
- Jessica Hidalgo Holland, director of the Women's Resource Center
- Frankie Flores, LGBTQ Resource Center
- Elizabeth Hutchison, Faculty for a Sexual Assault Free Environment (SAFE)
- Results of the Department of Justice's investigation into UNM
- Sexual Assault Investigations At UNM Drag On
- Confidentiality And Reporting Sexual Assault On Campus
- Campuses Face Pressure To Sort Out Sexual Assault Reporting
- Institutional Betrayal And Safety At UNM
• New Mexico Rape Crisis Center: 505-266-7711 (Hotline)
• Albuquerque SANE Collaborative
• New Mexico Sexual Assault Service Providers
• Agora Crisis Center: 505-277-3013 (Hotline)